Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pumpkin Heads and Blogiversary

Happy Halloween Pumpkin Heads! I know, I'm a few days late, but surely there's more candy to go around. Actually, we ran out of candy this year! I bought three big bags of fun size chocolate treats and thankfully they were all dropped into totes, two at a time for the early birds, oops. Really we just had to disappoint one trick-or-treater, and it was getting pretty close to 9 o'clock at that point. I love our neighborhood on Halloween- a resident witch lives across the street from us, it has lots of haunted houses I'm sure, plenty of cats, and bats for that matter, and lots of little pumpkin heads dressed up tromping through the leaves.

This year's trick-or-treaters brought a special surprise- a little girl named Ruby dressed up as a nun:) Her little brother was her guardian angel. Did you know we named our vegetable garden Ruby's Victory Garden after the last owner of our home? Well, this cute little family knew Ruby when she lived here and even named their daughter after her! We loved talking to them, and I was relieved to find out Ruby wasn't a horrible old lady but quite spunky!! We already knew a few things about her: she had a huge collection of seashells in the basement, a "Florida" room, and planted quite a few fake flowers in the yard, along with lots of real flowers too. I'm pretty sure she covered up the fabulous velvet wallpaper to protect it when renters moved in, that's my guess at least. Well, I'll never know what Ruby was really like, but I know she loved her/our house, and now I know a cute little girl was named after her. I'm sure that I would have liked her.

post script: Sunday was Peppered Paper's 1 year Blogiversary! This is my 80th post! And to think I was worried about having enough to blog about. Debriefing to come, possibly.

post post script: Don't you love my pumpkin head dolls! I found these at a flea market in Maryville, TN. I don't have many Halloween decorations, but unpacking these every October makes me happy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment