Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Awake My Soul










I saw Mumford and Sons last night at the Valarium. I'm pretty slow keeping up with technology so I don't have a bootlegged video to show you, but trust me, it wouldn't come close to doing it justice. The live show was powerful. I cried a few times and often had the urge to open wide my arms receiving the radiating light and vibration. Inspired by Shakespeare and Steinbeck, Mumford knows how to build up a melody and release it with felt passion, all in a short sequence of a few minutes. Go see them- wherever, whenever, as soon as you can. I don't think tickets will be just $20 next time around.

Why the rant on Mumford and Sons with all the photos from our hike in Hot Springs, NC? Two simple conclusions follow both of these activities: nature and live music feed the soul, my soul specifically, but I'm sure this is a universal thing. During our hike I also had the urge to lift up my eyes and open wide my arms to fully breathe in the beauty surrounding us. In both venues there is beauty and depth, profound stillness and energy, light flickering through shadows, passion and creativity, and life, God-breathed life. Surely once a month is a reasonable goal to set for experiencing nature and live music. After all, we're in Knoxville, where beautiful nature and live music are right at our foothills.

In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die
Where you invest your love, you invest your life
- from Awake My Soul, video below

I found some bootlegged videos if you're interested:
and fyi, King Charles was pretty amazing with them too:

No comments:

Post a Comment