Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Banjo Pickin' Girl


Speaking of getting my monthly fix of live music, last week I had the privilege of attending one of Abigail Washburn's residency shows. That makes two live concerts in one week! These shows are different than a typical live show for a few reasons: they are free, there's usually a pot-luck dinner with the musicians before hand, and they're very casual, like, "let's try out this song we've never played for an audience before" kind of casual. Last week's show happened to be on Abigail's birthday! There was a huge cake, a bottle of champagne passed around with some plastic cups, and some happy flowers set on the corner of the stage. So, since it was her birthday and all, and since I just had these lovely prints made of some of my new work, and since this banjo was partly inspired by her banjo pickin'... well, I know I don't need to justify myself, but I was glad to have an excuse to sneak one of these prints up on the stage next to her flowers! Hope she likes it! And, if you do, I'm working on adding these, along with other new peppered paper prints, to my etsy shop soon! I'll let you know when it's updated.

Abigail's last residency show is tomorrow at the Relix Variety Theater on Central. Pot luck at 7pm, show starts at 8pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment