Tuesday, April 19, 2011

the great les paul


Honestly, I didn't realize how revered the les paul is until I started doing some research for this commissioned piece. I was so glad to receive this request, as an electric guitar would not have been next on my list of peppered instruments to create. I love the energy and vibrancy of the paper, with it's exciting textures and colors, combined with the clean crisp edges of the guitar's famous shape. It's subtle and loud at the same time, just like the sound of a clean note reverberating through the pick ups. I really don't know much about pick ups either, but, it's electric, don't you think?

Prints are now available in my Etsy shop, where you can see my other peppered instruments too. 

Here are some photos of the original, not the best lighting, but you can see the detail of the cut paper a little better:





Any ideas for my next peppered instrument?

No comments:

Post a Comment