Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Monthly Bloom and...

the goings on in our yard in April. 

wildlife:
These little birds hatched on a column on our front porch!

flowers:

Our transplanted peonies bloomed, two years later!

Something that came up in our vegetable garden this spring- still not sure what it is.

Spirea! I love this old fashion plant by our driveway. 

sugar snap peas:

our state flower:


weeds:


They're quite overwhelming. I'm learning to just embrace them.

herbs:
We have mounds of parsley, thyme, and oregano!

and beautiful chives.
berries:
blackberries coming soon!

strawberries even sooner!

one of our blueberry bushes bursting with flowers!
 etc:
Lots of tree limbs blew down in the storm. Thankfully no plants, or homes, were damaged.

Lu found an old tennis ball. She's a spaz trying to catch it when it bounces

Our little birds are growing up so fast! I couldn't see when I was taking this photo because I had the hold the camera over my head and guess, but the mama and the papa are in the nest too! They're just a little bit messy, and loud. 

The birds' view of the perennial garden by the porch.

Their view in the living room window. This is the third year my orchid has bloomed! Thanks Amy and Happy Anniversary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment