Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Honey and Butter



Some of my pieces were chosen to be part of Knoxville's inaugural International Biscuit Festival! It's fitting that they're on display downtown at Coffee and Chocolate... with a little honey, butter, and biscuits, I think that covers all the necessities.

I took a different approach to creating these pieces, painting directly on canvas for the majority, as opposed to layering cut paper. They were really fun to work on, a nice change in pace for me, and I couldn't ask for a better theme... anything to do with home cookin' and biscuits. I usually opt for honey and butter on my biscuit, so that's what I chose to portray. The floral patterns are reminiscent of some place mats and table cloths my mom used when we were growing up. I think she likes bright colors too.

Hope you can make it to the festivities this weekend, June 4th - 5th, at Market Square. It should be lots of fun... and lots of good home cookin'. My work will be up at Coffee and Chocolate through the month of June, so stop by for a treat when you get a chance!


No comments:

Post a Comment