Monday, May 24, 2010

Paper Blossoms






I always find lots of inspirational design from Anthropologie and love these beautiful cut paper spreads from their last catalog. I know it seems like they're infringing (pun intended) on Real Simple's terrain, but then I remember a bright sunshine I created in elementary school out of cut paper with layers of frayed circles in orange and yellow. I think my sunshine even had sunglasses on. I hope my mom hung on to this one, I'll have to look for it next time I'm visiting.

The jewelry adds a nice touch, but in my opinion the cut paper steals the show here. I might have to experiment some with this technique and flowers have been on my mind lately...

These are some irises that popped up in our yard this year. I can't wait to see what else will come out when we finish clearing out some more beds!

1 comment:

Brian R. Jobe said...

Hey Lesley: check out Michael Velliquette's cut paper art >>
http://www.velliquette.com/Site/RECENT%20WORK.html

He's an art contact we met in TX but he lives in Wisconsin now.

Post a Comment