Friday, September 23, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins




Recipe card status!!! That's right, the recipe for these yummy muffins is now written by hand on a recipe card that fits in my permanent recipe notebook. The difficult decision was whether it should be filed under desserts or breads. It ended up in the bread section, next to the apple loaf and zucchini bread recipes, which both make equally as good desserts.  

We had 4 cups of frozen pumpkin left in the freezer from last year's annual heirloom pumpkin, which is enough to make these once more! I ended up using half the batter for a loaf and the rest for around 24 muffins! I added some ground clove when I ran out of cinnamon. Clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin, and some semi-sweet chocolate chips- the sweet taste of fall is here!

Recipe from literally, a spoonful

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want some. Now. Maybe you could just send me some of that pumpkin puree?? I pureed some butternut squash the other day. Not terribly hard, but not that much fun, either. I, too, love the smell of Fall...ahhhh! Love the belly picture, too!

Post a Comment