Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September Favorites

Some favorite September colors:





Some favorite September ingredients...


nutmeg and cinnamon!

Some background music while I bake :)


Pumpkin bread hot out of the oven!



Thanks to Sarah Barry of literally, a spoonful for the yummy recipe! Thanks to the Porter kids for tasting and modeling. And, thanks to Laurence for bringing home to me an heirloom pumpkin the first month we were married. The chopping, carving, steaming, pureeing, blending, splattering, and cleaning I fondly look back on as my induction into domesticity. I know it's probably no better than the canned pumpkin that's already nicely pureed and contained for great convenience, but it's become something of a tradition now. Last year we even went through the pumpkin pureeing ceremony twice! I think we'll stick with one per season from now on because, as you can see, we still have some in the freezer to finish up before this years' celebratory fall squash makes its way home from the farmer's market!

No comments:

Post a Comment