Thursday, September 8, 2011

It's a Bluegrass Banjo!!

      

It's really that simple! My new cut paper banjo is a bluegrass banjo as opposed to an old time banjo, like my original one. The bluegrass banjo (the one on your left) has a steel resonator behind the head, but I can't tell you much more than that. I would love to be able to pick away, but for now Laurence has convinced me I need to learn how to play the mountain dulcimer. I think it must be pretty simple.

Don't you love how these look together? I tried to use some of the same peppered paper for the new one to keep the colors similar. Maybe we'll hang both in the nursery when it's finished. I had one customer from Australia purchase a print of the old time banjo through my Etsy shop. He wrote and told me how excited he was to have it hanging in his baby boy's room, whose name is Banjo! It does have a nice ring to it, don't you think? ;)

Thanks so much to Patti who did some research and won this print in my first giveaway! Hurray! Both banjos are now listed in my Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment