Thursday, July 14, 2011

girls and boys; and a goat

Every summer my best friends and I from high school make a point to get together for a girls weekend. This year our backdrop was Brooklyn, with the gracious long time city dweller, Amanda. Here are some highlights from the weekend:

we laughed 
(and cried a little too) :


we ate 
(ice cream, Caribbean take out, brunch in Brooklyn, mimosas, for some) :


we walked
(and sat, and talked, around Central Park, Chelsea, the Met, the High Line) :


we talked about having babies, and boys
(too much) :


Oh, how about my mom's amazing vintage maternity top!! She saved a few other items that are now hanging in my closet. I love the funky bright colors of this one. By the way, did you know I'm pregnant?!!!

we just hung out
(really, I love being with these girls, whatever the background!) :


Not to be left out, Laurence has started his own man weekend of sorts whilst I'm away for some much needed girl time. Usually this involves camping and fishing, eating canned meat, not showering and the like. This year, someone decided a goat roast should be added to the manly endeavors of the weekend. I wonder how much sitting and talking the boys did? Do you think they talked about babies? They seemed to stay pretty busy by the looks of these photos:




scheming for the 4th of July goat roasting festivities:


a little garlic, herbs, and lemon for the rub for the goat:


the goat:




 I got back in time for the celebration, but didn't mind at all that I missed all the prep of the whole raw animal. I love the expressions and body language off all the girls in this photo. Meanwhile, the boys are surrounding the goat with cameras and intrigue while the carving commences:


Hope you all are enjoying some cookouts and travel this summer too!

Thanks to Kathryn and Brian for the great photos!

4 comments:

jnny said...

congratulations on the baby on the way!!! :)

Lesley said...

Thanks Jenny! We're very excited. And congrats to you too! When is baby #2 due?

Carlie said...

Lesley! I didn't realize that you were having a baby!!! I'm so excited for you! Your art work is beautiful. Miss you and hope you are well.

Lesley said...

Carlie!!! Great to hear from you. We're counting down the days now til November :) Hope you're doing well!!

Post a Comment