Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Over the Threshold

Kathryn wanted to give her brother and new sister-in-law a unique (and very thoughtful) wedding present. She commissioned this portrait of their first home together, which showcases all of her brother's landscaping getting the home ready for his new bride! Even though they may soon outgrow their little red brick cottage, I hope this canvas will always bring back fond memories of sweet early years together. I'm still wanting to do a collage of our first home together, the major work in progress. I can visualized what I would love for it to look like one day, but what if we change our mind about the trim color or something? Better wait til the curb appeal is real and not just imagined.

I used my painted paper collage technique for this piece and found some beautiful thin textured paper for the plants. I also used one of our salvaged topographical maps for the background, which I think adds some nice subtle interest in the the sky and grass. More samples of my custom work can be seen in my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

B said...

I love this!

-Beth

Post a Comment