Monday, November 21, 2011

Nursery Renovations: Part 2

Little details


Baby, lots of empty hangers excited about finding out your gender! 

 so excited to have some baby books filling up all these nice bookshelves!

Laurence's baby shoes now have a home:)

This light fixture was in the back bedroom when we moved in the house and cleaned up so nicely...

and easily. I never knew how much fun spray paint could be!

I used the left over spray paint on some cheap frames I found at Big Lots. I've got more frames to maybe add another color to the room. We ended up with lots of BLUE and green in here, so we'll either be adding some PINK! or maybe some accents of orange??? We'll know soon!

 Compromise. Laurence did do so much work in here when he started telling me his ideas about how to decorate the room I had to figure out how to compromise a little bit: carved wooden canoe paddle from the Amazon- OK, mounted fish- never OK, an any room, right? I actually really like the canoe paddle on the wall now, with the nice plush lily pad rug!

ready or not!

When telling people about working non-stop on the nursery all summer I kept getting comments about how creative or cutely decorated they thought it would be. Well, as you can tell from the last post, we weren't just decorating or painting a room:) We'll get to the decorating eventually... and it will be fun to add some gender specific colors too!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Ohhhh I am loving your re-do. ADORE that chandelier! Fellow East Tennesseean and found you on the East TN bloggers FB page. Thanks for sharing! XO, Kate

Post a Comment