Monday, January 10, 2011

Staying Peppered in the New Year

I'm sure the term "peppered" brings to mind varying images for everyone. I've talked about the history of my paper-peppering technique here. I think of something "peppered" as sprinkled with cheer: colorful, sweet, vibrant, textured, intricate, lively, bubbly, and with a little kick! I was thrilled to get some gifts this year to help keep us "peppering" in the new year. Whether it's through cooking and eating, writing and photographing, crafting and creating, or by watching and being inspired- I know it's the little things that are "the spice of life." And, I'm eager to spice things up a little bit this year!

Pa-pri-ka (pepper) - used to add color and flavor to dishes, yum

My mom found this ribbon with some of her old fabric scraps. Pretty and peppery- a perfect stocking stuffer!

We'll be "peppering up" lots of meat this year. And, when I say we, I mean Laurence. I'll certainly be enjoying it though. And, I love the logo on this!

Isn't this a lovely serving basket from Budapest, with chile peppers and all! I love getting gifts from other countries.

Some notebooks from Laurence to help me consolidate all the to-do lists and post-its I leave around the house. Hmm, I think they'll be perfect for sketching and journaling!

The Joby Gorillapod Tripod! For taking lots of photos of all our "peppering" in the new year.

The Original Whirley Pop!

Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment