Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

The only type of scrap paper I don't find pretty. Where does it all come from!? On that note, here are a few goals for the New Year:

1. Always put things in their place (and since I now have these nice file boxes, and, a linen closet, I'm off to a good start)

2. Hang some artwork! (I'd rather have nice original art made by other people, which we're working on, but in the mean time- I'm framing up some of my work today)

3. Decorate for Christmas the Sunday after Thanksgiving (tree and all, no exceptions!)

4. Cook with the Barefoot Contessa whenever possible (Ina's never once disappointed me)

And, I'm already off to a good start here too!

Honey Vanilla Pound Cake: from my new cookbook, Back to Basics. It's heavenly, and I'm usually a chocolate girl.

Butternut Squash and Apple Soup: one of their best sellers, from her Parties cookbook. It's so delicious with curry and sweet apples! This recipe makes a lot, and it's very filling.


5. Reformat this Blog (this might take me some time to figure out, but you'll see when it happens!)

6. Practice my downward dog and other yoga poses more (Lu's a natural)

7. Eat lots of sweet-potato pancakes leisurely sipping on coffee in our kitchen nook every free Saturday morning we have

8. Oh, and finish our kitchen nook!

9. Spend as much time as I can with these girls while I have them here in Knoxville:) & :(

10. Write and illustrate the book idea that keeps popping up in my head, paint some colorful paper whenever I get discouraged, and always proclaim I am an artist, boldly and proudly.

I could keep listing for a while, so I'll leave it at ten. I wish you all a year filled with good food, sweet time spent with friends and family, and many steps taken toward achieving goals that are important to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment