Friday, December 3, 2010

Repeat the Sounding Joy!

It's been a hectic month thus far, and it's not looking like it's slowing down any time soon! Sometimes I envy the life of Lu...

but, when I'm not basking in the sun, here's where you can find me this weekend:

I designed the postcard below to help advertise our neighborhood's holiday home tour, and this year we have our lights up in time!! It's such a fun and festive holiday event with everyone bundled up walking through the beautiful old streets, visiting the lovely decorated homes, and stopping by the time warp tea room for some hot cocoa! Check out the info below, if you can make it, it's definitely worth it!



Next on the agenda, the Holiday Extravaganza! Come see the Christmas parade tonight, which will pass right in front of the Emporium on Gay Street, then stop in to get some local goods and art to check off your list! It's sure to be lively and festive with all the First Friday happenings.

Ahh, and finally, what I'm most looking forward to, Lessons and Carols Service at our church. I hear there's going to be a banjo and some Sufjan inspired Christmas hymns. Because I can't chill out as easily as Lulu can sometimes, I just keep thinking about the joy and calm we celebrate this season, "All is calm, all is bright."


*Lovely poster design by Mark and Caryn, of Smelling Oranges!

No comments:

Post a Comment