Saturday, December 11, 2010

a merry christmas to you with paper and glue!

before

after

It's obvious by now I love scrap paper. Really, I love color and texture, and I can't bear to get rid of anything as vibrant and tactile as painted paper. So, I save all the little bits of scraps that fall on my desk when I'm shaping away. Is this crazy of me? I just always think there might be a use for them one day. I guess I shouldn't be so annoyed with Laurence collecting any piece of scrap wood he can fit into our garage. Though, I can fit an amazing amount of paper in a tiny ziploc bag.

Anyway, the "one day" came when I threw one of my tiny ziplocs filled with scrap paper along with some glue into the car before heading home for Thanksgiving. It turned out not to be as compact and tidy of a craft as I had hoped; the paper from the tiny ziploc could easily be scattered across most of the dinning room table. Though I didn't get as many cards made as I would have liked, at least it's a start. Now if only I could start on the Christmas cards, projects, crafts, etc. in July, maybe they would all get done in time for the holidays next year. Somehow I don't see that happening. Oh, well. Merry Christmas!






2 comments:

Ellen said...

Are you going to sell these? I love them and would totally buy them!

Lesley said...

Yes! Maybe not for this year though:) We can discuss which ones you may be interested in.

Post a Comment