Friday, July 30, 2010

Kindred Styles



The owner of a shop at the market where I work asked me about my real work one day. I got out a Peppered Paper business card to show her, and she immediately asked if I would design a business card and some new tags for her. I think she liked my style. She loved the hand cut type and bright colors- just two of my favorite things. Now, if only I could get connected with others who share this kindred style.

I really haven't done much graphic design work, and it's mostly just been for my own marketing, but I love when my style naturally expresses the idea of a business or concept. With a business name of LaDeDa and a shop named Accentuate the Positive, I think we were off to a good start. I ended up designing six different sized tags for her along with a business card. Some tags were tiny... with lots of info get on them, but I think they'll compliment her merchandise perfectly! I'm glad she was so drawn to the reds and oranges because otherwise I probably would have tried to play if safe with more quite colors, like green or something.

Anyway, check out her shop and new merchandise tags next time you stop by the Southern Market. She does have really cute gift items- I think we have a similar shopping style too!

No comments:

Post a Comment