Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Monthly Bloom

The back yard:



    

Big Picture (the herb garden):


Our newest addition- Yarrow!


Big Picture (new bed to the left of the patio)- transplanted hawthorns and rosemary, closer to the kitchen door, and apple blossom yarrow I haven't been able to get out of my head since seeing it at a neighbors last spring:


Sweet Pea:


Crazy Garlic! We were confused when this first popped up in the midst of our tulips and daffodils, both positive that neither of us planted it there. Then I remembered the buckets of bulbs we dug up from the yard the year before. Oops, don't know how the garlic bulbs got mixed up in there:


The front yard:


Another random onion bulb:


The front perennial garden:


Now blooming- purple cone flower:
                                       


The sadly neglected vegetable garden:




I'll be honest, keeping up with the monthly bloom is a lot of work, which is my excuse for always posting it a little bit late. Every month I'm still so surprised by our yard. I'm always thinking there's no way we'll have as much, if anything, blooming in the yard the next month. And look how faithful it is, even if it's a little bit messy or neglected.

Next up: the monthly bloom does some flower arranging!

No comments:

Post a Comment