Saturday, February 6, 2010

XOXO




Hugs and kisses, handmade Valentine's, and some chocolate left over too! I had lots of fun with the scissors and glue stick this weekend, and I ended up with lots of extra pink and red foil. I'm sure I can come up with some other crafty use for it. The foil tears easily, so I had to be very delicate with the gluing. I love how the candy packaging does most of the work, so I could keep these designs really fun and simple. As for the chocolate kisses that remain, some cookies will go perfectly with one of these cards for my sweetheart!

Peanut Butter Blossoms:
Chocolate Kisses
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp baking soda

Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, & baking soda. In a separate bowl combine butter, peanut butter, & sugars; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, & vanilla; beat well. Gradually add the dry ingredients. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in additional granulated sugar. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes; remove cookie sheet from oven & press 1 chocolate kiss atop each cookie immediately.

I just put some Hugs on top of some of these cookies, along with the Kisses, but I did see a recipe for Tuxedo Brownie Cookies on the back of the package that looks yummy. Maybe I'll try out this recipe next time I make some Valentine's cards.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Cute Valentines and yummy cookies too! Miss you tons and hope we can catch up very soon!

Post a Comment